Scope of this Policy
This Policy applies to www.clinicalpearl.com (the "Site"), which is owned by Company. It is our policy to comply with data protection legislation. This regulates the processing of information relating to you and grants you various rights with respect to your personal data.
The Site contains links to other web sites over which we have no control. Company is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of other web sites to which you choose to link from the Site. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those other web sites so you can understand how they collect, use and share your information.
Information We Collect and Retain
We collect the following general types of information about you when you visit the Site: personal information, demographic information, and behavioral information. Sometimes we collect combinations of all these types of information. In each case, it is indicated on the Site whether any personal or demographic data must be provided to use the requested service or not.
Personal information is information that can be used to identify you, or any other individual to whom the information may relate, personally. During the collection of information at the profile page on the Site, you are required to give your contact information (such as name, address, birth date, medical school, institutional affiliations, e-mail address and the like). An e-mail address and birth date is used to confirm your identity. An email address is also used to contact you about the materials and information on the Site. When the Site requests your identity, the Site will clearly indicate the purpose of the inquiry before the information is requested.
To process subscriptions, we will require your name, address, phone number, email address and credit card information. Such information is used primarily to process your order or as otherwise described herein. Credit card transactions are processed through industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and/or strong encryption (3DES) by a third party, which only uses your information for that purpose.
Once a registered user, you may provide additional information in your personal profile describing your credentials, professional experiences, academic background, biography and the like. Your personal profile shall be available for viewing by other registered users of the Site and will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. Providing additional information in your personal profile beyond what is required at registration is entirely optional and can be altered or removed by you at any time.
Demographic information is information that is not unique to you in the sense that it refers to selected population characteristics, such as your ZIP code or postal code, age, preferences, gender, race or ethnicity, occupation, career history, interests and favorites.
Behavioral information is information regarding how you use the Site, the areas of the Site that you visit, what services you access, and information about your computer hardware and software including your IP address, geolocation, domain names, access times and referring web site addresses. This information is necessary for analyzing the use of resources, troubleshooting problems, preventing fraud, and improving our services.
How Information is Used
By registering with us, by managing your profile, or expressly opting in when presented with choices, you have consented for us to use your information, subject to local law, in the following ways:
• to allow you to create an account;
• to create a profile for you based on information that you have provided to us;
• to contact you about the Site updates, informational and service-related communications, including important security updates;
• to provide you additional communications, information, and promotions such as newsletters and articles;
• to inform you of other products or services available from Company or its affiliates ("Affiliates" means entities that control, are controlled by or are under common control with Company);
• to enable you to provide feedback, to contact us and for us to respond to you;
• to conduct surveys, questionnaires, and promotions, and to provide the results thereof;
• to provide products and services that enable users to network, post information on bulletin boards, view and compare profiles, and career backgrounds and experiences; and
• to generate internal reports about the use of the Site.
Some of our products and services enable third parties to see your personal information and to contact you. Profile information may be used for networking with other community users.
If you wish to subscribe to a newsletter we offer or to a mailing list that we maintain, we will collect from you contact information necessary to send the newsletter or other information to you. This is usually limited to your e-mail address, but may include other information.
Information you post in public areas of the Site may be accessed, used, and stored by others. By providing your personal information for inclusion in our database, you acknowledge that you consent to your information being used as described herein. While Company takes measures to safeguard your information from unauthorized access or inappropriate use by third parties, Company does not control these third parties and we are not responsible for their use of information you post or otherwise make available in public areas of the Site. Accordingly, you should ensure that you do not post sensitive information, including personality profiles, to public areas of the Site.
Disclosure of Information to Others
We disclose to third parties your personal information, combined personal, demographic, or behavioral, as set forth below. 1. We may share your information with third parties who help us in the delivery of our own products and services to you. We disclose information to companies and individuals we employ to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include hosting our web servers, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They will have access to your personal information as necessary to perform their functions, but they may not share that information with any other third party or use that data for any other purpose. We will remain the data controller and be responsible for any information shared in this way.
2. We may disclose such information to third parties if you consent to such disclosure. If you indicate by configuring your profile that you would like to receive information about the products or services of third parties, we supply your contact information to select third parties such as third party vendors, data aggregators, marketers or others for the purpose of sending you e-mails or otherwise communicating with you. We use data we have about you to determine whether you might be interested in the products or services of a particular third party. We also share aggregated anonymous information about visitors to the Site with our clients, partners, other site visitors, and other third parties so that they can understand the kinds of visitors to the Site and how those visitors use the Site.
3. We disclose information if legally required to do so, if requested to do so by a governmental entity or if we believe in good faith – after considering your privacy interests and other factors – that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process; (b) protect our rights or property or our affiliated companies; (c) prevent a crime or protect national security; or (d) protect the personal safety of users or the public.
4. We may disclose and transfer such information to a third party who acquires all or a substantial portion of our business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets. In addition, in the event Company becomes the subject of an insolvency proceeding, whether voluntary or involuntary, Company or its liquidator, administrator, receiver or administrative receiver may sell, license or otherwise dispose of such information in a transaction approved by the court. You will be notified of the sale of all or a substantial portion of our business to a third party by email or through a prominent notice posted on the Site.
Posting Your Information to Public Areas
If you post any of your personal information in public areas of the Site, such as in online forums or chat rooms, such information may be collected and used by others over whom Company has no control. We cannot control the use made by third parties of information you post or otherwise make available in public areas of the Site.
Your Choices About Your Information
We retain all the information we gather about you in an effort to make your repeat use with us more efficient, practical and relevant until you change or remove your personal data as described below. You may have access to, review, correct, update, change or delete your account profile information at any time. Simply log into your account, go to your profile, and make the necessary changes. Before providing you with a copy of your personal information or correcting, updating or deleting such information, we reserve the right to verify and authenticate your identity and the personal information to which you have requested access.Access to or correction, updating or deletion of your personal information may be denied or limited by Company if it would violate another person's rights and/or as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
If you previously opted to receive newsletters, commercial e-mails or other communications from Company or third parties, but subsequently change your mind, you may opt-out by editing your account profile. If you previously opted not to receive such communications, you may later opt-in by editing your account profile.
You are responsible for ensuring that your log-in credentials (your username and password) are kept confidential.
Company has implemented technical and organizational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure. Notwithstanding such measures, the Internet is an open system and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat those measures or use your personal information for improper purposes.
When you place an order online at Company, your credit card information is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer ("SSL") protocol. SSL makes it difficult for your credit card information to be intercepted or stolen while being transmitted. Company uses a service company to process its credit card transactions.
Company is not intended for, nor do we knowingly collect information from, children under the age of 13.
Changes to Privacy Statement
If we decide to change the substance of this Policy, we will, where required, contact you via the email address that you maintain in your profile. We will also post those changes through a prominent notice on the Site so that you will always know what information we gather, how we might use that information, and to whom we will disclose it.
Your data is submitted to Company and is hosted and stored in a database on servers situated in the United States.
If, at any time, you have questions or concerns about this Policy or believe that we have not adhered to this Policy, please feel free to email us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] or contact us at:
We will use reasonable efforts to answer promptly your question or resolve your problem.
We use "persistent" cookies primarily to ensure that we do not show you pages that you have already seen and to personalize your site experience and save you time. "Persistent" cookies enable us to recognize whether you have responded to any poll or seen an advertisement or information notice placed on the Site so that we do not show you the poll, advertisement or notice again the next time you visit the Site.The "persistent" cookies we use will remain on your computer after you have left the Site and will expire when you log out of the Site or 60 days after your last visit for security cookies, 90 days after your last visit for poll response and alliance cookies.
We also allow other companies to display advertisements to you while you are visiting the Site. Because your web browser must request these advertisements from the other companies' servers, these companies can view, edit or set their own cookies, just as if you had requested a web page from their web site. Company has no control over, and is not responsible for, the practices of those third party advertisers. Company encourages you to review the policies of such advertisers. We use other third party ad servers as well; a way to opt out of third party cookies is to modify your browser settings to decline cookies.
We allow persistent third party cookies as part of online advertising campaigns to determine and track the Site traffic landing from our advertising banners that have been placed on the Site of third parties. The data collected via these cookies is anonymous and the information is not linked to your personally identifiable information without your permission.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies at any time by modifying your browser settings. If you choose to decline cookies, however, that may hinder performance and negatively impact your experience on the Site.